MCM Training | Back on Track
It’s amazing what knocking a few degrees off the thermometer can do, huh? A mild week weather-wise meant some quality miles were logged, leaving me feeling confident and strong. Thank goodness. I know we’re not out of the woods yet, but the mantra this summer–take advantage of every cool day; don’t dwell on the yucky, hot ones–is holding out.
As I’m writing this, I think my elbow is the only thing NOT sore on my body. Even yoga hurt today. Hurts so good, right? Heck yes. Thank you cooler weather!
This past week(ish), I logged:
- A surprise double thanks to my first group run at my local running store.
- A mile-repeat workout on the track, the first in a long, long time. It felt exactly how you’d expect mile repeats to feel (umm…OUCH), but I’m pretty satisfied with my splits. It felt good to shake a little speed into my legs!
- A 15-miler as a part of the first training run with the RW editors for the RW Half. I ran 10 of them with work friends and Lehigh friends, which made those miles fly by. The last five I ran with WG, and they all ended up faster than the first 10. Sweet.
- Two lifting sessions. I’m pleasantly surprised that I still want to go to the gym. There’s something moderately addicting about sweating twice in one day. I certainly don’t hate it!
- Kept up my strawberry-banana-chocolate crepe streak – yes, this post-long run nom is becoming something of a habit. It just hits the spot, how can I resist?
- Participated in my first #runchat in a very long time and discovered a handful of fellow run-chatters also doing MCM! It’s still so cool to me how the running community–even the virtual variety–can be insanely motivating.
- Tried out these puppies. Verdict’s still out on how I feel about ‘em, but they’re pretty sick looking, right?
I feel like I’ve successfully hopped back on the bandwagon, and I’m holding on tight with both hands! Until next week!
QUOTE OF THE POST: ”The combined feeling of exhaustion, euphoria, and accomplishment is quite luxurious.” - Larry Smith