Here are a few things (a bit from this week and a bit from last) that made me smile, laugh, and warmed my heart:
- I don’t know if I could love this cover of Boston Magazine any more. It’s downright perfect. Read about its conception from the magazine’s editor-in-chief here, and read Hannah’s interview for RW about it here.
- Speaking of shoes, some speedy women wore these kicks at the Boston Marathon:
— Kara Goucher (@karagoucher) April 23, 2013
- Perfect. Y’all deserve a Boston Marathon spectators-sized round of applause.
How do we spell team? We spell it like this: BPD, FBI, ATF, MSP, MBTA, WPD, ICE, NEMLEC, EMS, BFD, MIT, SWAT and YOU. We r #BostonStrong
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 22, 2013
- Across the pond at the London Marathon…amazing support.
And the non-Boston related favorites of the week:
- My girl Hannah at @fithappygirl is running her FIRST marathon at Big Sur on Sunday! Suppressing excitement over this. =D Read her pre-race post here.
- This unexplainable video that’s produced many much-needed laughs this week:
- And finally the belated BIG news: I’m on the Hood to Coast Nuun Relay team! I can’t tell you how excited I am to a) meet the rest of my awesome teammates and b) go to Oregon! AHHHHHHH! Happy news!
QUOTE OF THE POST: “I learned, one, you shouldn’t ever quit. And I learned, two, you’ll never be able to explain it to anybody.” – Jim Ryun
P.S. Headed to the Big Sur International Marathon today! Stay tuned for a Race Report!