Here are a few things (a bit from this week and a bit from last) that made me smile, laugh, and warmed my heart:
- I don’t know if I could love this cover of Boston Magazine any more. It’s downright perfect. Read about its conception from the magazine’s editor-in-chief here, and read Hannah’s interview for RW about it here.
- Speaking of shoes, some speedy women wore these kicks at the Boston Marathon:
Racing shoes of the 3 amigas before Boston. @jbsamuelson @shalaneflanagan twitter.com/karagoucher/st…
— Kara Goucher (@karagoucher) April 23, 2013
- Perfect. Y’all deserve a Boston Marathon spectators-sized round of applause.
How do we spell team? We spell it like this: BPD, FBI, ATF, MSP, MBTA, WPD, ICE, NEMLEC, EMS, BFD, MIT, SWAT and YOU. We r #BostonStrong
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 22, 2013
- Across the pond at the London Marathon…amazing support.
And the non-Boston related favorites of the week:
- My girl Hannah at @fithappygirl is running her FIRST marathon at Big Sur on Sunday! Suppressing excitement over this. =D Read her pre-race post here.
- This unexplainable video that’s produced many much-needed laughs this week:
- And finally the belated BIG news: I’m on the Hood to Coast Nuun Relay team! I can’t tell you how excited I am to a) meet the rest of my awesome teammates and b) go to Oregon! AHHHHHHH! Happy news!
QUOTE OF THE POST: “I learned, one, you shouldn’t ever quit. And I learned, two, you’ll never be able to explain it to anybody.” – Jim Ryun
P.S. Headed to the Big Sur International Marathon today! Stay tuned for a Race Report!
Yay for warm hearts! 🙂 Love all these happy things. I’m so excited you’ll be running Hood to Coast too! I look forward to meeting you.
Really looking forward to August 22nd! Can’t wait to meet you and the other ladies. I love that Jim Ryun quote, btw. Applies to my life and work a lot lately. Good luck this weekend and enjoy the sights sans watch!
Good Luck in Big Sur this weekend!! Have so much fun! Super Jealous!
That video is so funny! First off–that cat must be really medicated :)…if it kept that costume on for so long and it sat on the romba for so long!!