Lots of pretty sweet stuff happened this week. Let’s get right to it:
- We officially unveiled the July Boston Marathon cover of Runner’s World last night, which means I couldn’t be more excited to hear everyone’s feedback. We immersed ourselves in this issue for a full month. I’m so proud of what the staff produced. If you want a behind-the-scenes look at how the cover was created (yep, we voted on two cover concepts and put our ballots in a shoe box), check out our Editor-in-Chief David Willey’s note here.
- The only other Boston-related news I’ll share with you this week is this: Bombing victim Jeff Bauman and the man who saved him, Carlos Arredondo (better known as “The Man in the Cowboy Hat”), threw the first pitch at a Red Sox game. Couldn’t be happier to see these two grinning from ear to ear with joy. (Click on the photo to link to the video.)
- I lied a little… had to share this, too. Fills my heart with joy.
Congrats to ALL finishing #OneRun MT @mattpep15 Thousands got to finish the #BostonMarathon today photo at finish. twitter.com/mattpep15/stat…
— Boston MarathonJH (@jhboston26) May 25, 2013
- Hannah and I booked our flights for Hood to Coast with Nuun! Which means it’s officially happening! I’m so FREAKIN’ excited.
- Ummmm…I need this shirt. ** hint hint Mom and Dad, birthday’s coming up! hint hint **
- This needs no explanation. Just watch. You’ll understand. which reminded me of this from college (watch from 1:25):
- Here’s super fun “Flashback Friday” where @losingrace reviews her first five marathons, complete with highs, lows, and some insanely badass PR crushing.
- “My big morning drama was … race morning poop! I didn’t have one. Where was it!? And more terrifying, where would it show up?! Hopefully not a mile 17. I would have given anything for a little race morning poop. But we were lining up and its chance was gone.” – @oiselle_mac from her hysterical race recap, which is one of my all-time favorites. (I’ve also had those EXACT thoughts before a race. Perfection.)
- And I’ll end this post with this adorableness. Love it Jocelyn!
1st in my division! NBD. Just chasing down an 8th grader. Love small town races. Also, same race 18 years later: twitter.com/jcbonn/status/…
— jocelyn (@jcbonn) May 25, 2013
QUOTE OF THE POST: “Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?’” – Peter Maher
Thanks for linking to the first pitch video – that was really touching!
I agree! Such an awesome duo.
I love that runners got to finish the Boston Marathon. It makes my heart so happy 🙂
Me too. It’s one of the things that makes me start crying again, but happy tears.
I can’t wait to get my copy of Runner’s World.
Thanks for including me on this list!! 🙂
You’re very welcome! And I can’t wait for you to get it, too! It really is pretty incredible.