“These are a few of my favorite things…“ from this week:
- Beyond adorable and spot on via @FitHappyGirl. Which reminded me of this gem that is the definition of a few of my summer runs:
- Took the words right out of my mouth:
I don’t want to say this too loudly, and it’s a bit premature, but 51 degrees on June 14? It’s entirely possible this summer won’t suck.
— Tish Hamilton (@RWtish) June 14, 2013
- Lauren had her baby this week!!! Some people might care more about Kate Middleton’s baby, but RUNNERS care about Lo’s cutie pie, Jude: Congrats Lo and Jesse! Couldn’t be happier for ya!
- There are few things we at RW care more about than running shoes and beer, which led to this tweet after our summer beer-tasting last week:
Beer-tasting with the @runnersworld crew means listening to coworker dorks hold forth on which beers pair well with which running shoes.
— Caitlin Giddings (@caitlingiddings) June 11, 2013
“If this beer were a running shoe, which one would it be?”
— Meghan G. Loftus (@meghgrace) June 11, 2013
- The fact that I kept up the #RWRunStreak by logging a mile in my apartment’s parking garage yesterday morning to avoid getting struck by lightning. Hells yes. Day 18!
- We saw Spirit of the Marathon II on Wednesday! It was freakin’ awesome and basically, I need to run with those Italian cousins (and also just run in Rome in general). Kudos Jon!
- Finally, I added a few photos to my About Me page from way back when. Check it out! =)
QUOTE OF THE POST: “Running is in my blood — the adrenaline flows before the races, the love/hate of butterflies in your stomach.” – Marcus O’Sullivan