In no particular order, I give you this week’s run-down of nifty, nerdy, motivational, and clever runner-related things that are totally share-worthy:
- My Believe I Am training journal – created by the eternally-epic Lauren Fleshman and Ro McGettigan – arrived in the mail! Physically cannot wait to scribble all over it with notes about training for Boston and beyond in 2013. (Like Lo says, “This is Lucky ’13! Let’s make the most of it!”) Stay tuned for a post about the journal (and its #SistersInSport blogger community) soon! // Here is that post! Check it out!
- I stumbled across this Über inspirational video (I think it’s actually a trailer for a running documentary that I absolutely need to see). Watch it, watch it now: The Last Mile from Red Tide Productions on Vimeo.
- PATIENT: “The problem is that obesity runs in my family.”
DOCTOR: “No, the problem is that no one runs in your family.”
- “2. Don’t put any race on a pedestal. Treat all races the same. Otherwise there is too much pressure on one day. There are a lot of variables in distance running. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is unhealthy.” – excerpt from “Top 5 Things I’ve Learned From the RC” via The Thinks I Can Think
- Via @nycrunningmama and @enthusiasticrun – this slick countdown app called Countdown+ Lite that’s PERFECT for keeping track of race dates:
- New favorite Twitter hashtag: #RUNch via @PavementRunner.
- This life-size Stop Pre sign that our art department at RW made this week. Umm… I NEED this in my apartment, and I don’t care if it makes me a ginormous #RunNerd.
QUOTE OF THE POST: “A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways they’re capable of understanding.” – Pre
Read my other Friday Faves posts here.
Read my other Sisters in Sport posts here.
[…] Friday Faves | #BelieveIAm, #TheLastMile, #RUNch, #StopPre (megrunnergirl.com) […]