Can’t believe it’s ALREADY Friday again! Here’s this week’s “Friday Faves” list:
- I’ve been plagued by the marathon taper crazies this week i.e. My brain has been buzzing with thoughts like: Why do my shins/heels/knees hurt? Why do I still feel sick? Why have I felt like absolute CRAP this whole week? Buhhhh! But, the insanity has produced some wonderfully appropriate tweets:
Taper to-don’ts: get on scale or watch weather. Crazymaking & unproductive. #bostonmarathon #runningtips
— Jennifer Van Allen (@jgvanallen) April 5, 2013
@megrunnergirl “Maranoia” is perfect descriptor for #Bostonmarathon taper crazies, but I got the term from @meghgrace!
— Tish Hamilton (@RWtish) April 4, 2013
- On confidence, which happens to be my Sisters in Sport April goal of the month (more on that hopefully this weekend! Stay tuned!):
Confidence is gained thru fitness.Fitness is gained thru hardwork.Get your rear end out the door, it will do wonders for your confidence
— hansonsrun (@hansonsrun) April 5, 2013
- 5 Faces of Pain via Oiselle. Favorite line? “Don’t eat a chili cheese dog from 7/11 for breakfast.” Do yourself a favor and watch this, now:
- My latest Runner’s World “Social Studies” post, which includes this madness:
- Our RW Newswire editor’s Boston Marathon coverage plan, seriously:
- And because we’re only NINE days away from Boston, here’s a chills-inducing post from @
paceofme on prepping for April 15.
QUOTE OF THE POST: “So I went for a run. And things got better.” – Mark Remy (Read the rest here.)