I’d have to completely agree with my girl Hannah and her Friday Faves post: This week is all about TRACK, the glorious oval that I have a love/hate relationship with. (Concerning the title, those are tongue-in-cheek words of advice I’d tell my track teammates before they’d head out for their race – sort of like the theater version of “Break a Leg.”) Here’s what happened:
- Last week, one of my favorite track studs Lauren Fleshman had her baby! And guess what? She wrote about it. Hint: It includes a jalapeño-induced labor. Read the rest – it’ll make you laugh, cry, and awww all at the same time.
- It happens as rarely as this chick gets to the gym, but track is on TV this weekend! USA Nationals is on alllllll weekend long. Best. Birthday. Surprise. Ever. Here’s where to watch it.
- If this title(s) doesn’t tickle your inner track geek, I don’t know what will. Also, this blog me to a T. Read it.
- My hurdle walkover session with Hannah at Lehigh made it on RW’s Instagram. Shout out to my alma mater, say what?
- Some other RW staffers and I attempted the Beep Test this week – people who refer to it as the “Bleep Test” are entirely accurate. I’d take track intervals over that any day of the week. (Stay tuned for the (probably very embarrassing) video.)
- And finally, this isn’t track related, but JOIN US for Sunday’s #RunChat! Here are the deets:
Join us Sunday at 8 p.m. for @therunchat! We’ll be tweeting with @BartYasso about half-marathon training. More info: http://t.co/lyplGoY7cW
— Runner’s World Half (@RWHalf) June 20, 2013
QUOTE OF THE POST: Via Shalane Flanagan, who CRUSHED the USA National 10-K last night. Way to go! (Shameless plug – I’ve been making these “fancy quotes” for RW – tweet ’em, pin ’em, post ’em, what have you!)